Chimney Inspection San Diego
Chimney Inspection Cleaning
Before, during, and after cleaning (sweeping) your chimney we will perform either a Level 1 or Level 2 chimney inspection. The chimney inspection is visual. We inspect your chimney using a flash light, mirror or digital hand held camera. We will also provide you with a chimney inspection report and recommendations.
- Fireplace Inspection – Check the condition of the firebox, lintel, and smoke chamber.
- Chimney Inspection – Check for blockages and creosote accumulation. Check condition of exterior masonry and inside the chimney. Check condition of cap or damper, flashing, and crown.
» CHIMNEY SAFETY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA: CHIMNEY SAFETY TOPICS
Chimney Inspection Cleaning “The scope of work performed in the inspection or evaluation of a fireplace, stove or other venting system had previously been left to the discretion of the chimney service technician. On January 13, 2000, the National Fire Protection Association adopted these levels of inspection into code NFPA 211 (Standard for Chimneys, Fireplaces, Vents and Solid Fuel Burning Appliances) that remove much of that “discretion”. Inspections are now clearly defined as Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3 .” » more info
San Diego Chimney Sweep
Chimney Inspection Cleaning (sweeping) is the main job of the Chimney Sweep – We remove dangerous, flammable creosote from inside the chimney.
Neglected & unsafe chimneys account for a significant number of injuries and deaths each year totaling more than $200 million in property losses every year. Since a damaged, deteriorating, or blocked chimney can cause chimney fires or carbon monoxide poisoning, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) recommends having an annual chimney cleaning and chimney inspection each year.
San Diego Chimney Cleaning Experts
Established in 2007 Kleen Sweep is a chimney inspection cleaning and repair company providing chimney sweep services to San Diego county. » Contact info and service areas
Chimney Sweeping: What we do.
- We provide a thorough chimney inspection cleaning. This includes the removal of any deposits that have formed in the flue. This assures that you can safely use and enjoy your fireplace or other heating appliances. Our modern, high-tech tools allow us to tackle the dirty job of cleaning chimneys without leaving a mess behind in your home.
- Our chimney sweep removes any creosote, soot, and other blockages from your flue lining. We also clean out your firebox, damper, and smoke chamber, leaving behind a clean and efficient chimney system.
- If needed we will inspect your chimney crown and cap for deterioration and recommend a repair if necessary
- During your chimney inspection cleaning, we will also report any hazards, deficiencies, or vulnerabilities discovered while performing the cleaning and then recommend repairs if needed.
Schedule a chimney cleaning and inspection
619 460-6882 » e-mail
The most popular time to schedule your chimney inspection and cleaning is in spring and summer. We offer reduced rates! Before lighting the first fire of the season don’t let a neglected chimney turn into a fire liability or safety hazard.
Protect your San Diego home
Every time you burn a fire in your fireplace, combustible by-products are deposited in the chimney flue in the form of creosote and soot. Creosote is a black tar-like residue that is extremely flammable! Hot embers from your wood burning fire may come in contact with creosote. This is a potentially dangerous fire hazard.
The buildup of creosote and soot can also cause a dangerous blockage that not only interferes with the performance and efficiency of your fireplace, but lead to carbon monoxide backing up in your living area.
Don’t take chances with the safety of your home and family. Make sure that your chimney and fireplace system is cleaned and inspected annually to help prevent chimney fires and dangerous carbon monoxide Poisoning.